Terms and conditions
- All the “terms and conditions” of the online store www.livrariasolmar.pt of the company Livraria Solmar Commerce of Books and Objects of Art, Lda, with headquarters Avenida Infante Dom Henrique, 71 – Store 7, São Pedro, Ponta Delgada, legal person n ° 512030375, which is also your registration number at the Commercial Registry Office of Ponta Delgada, with the share capital of €76,824.85, apply to all equipment/producer/services ordered on this site.
2. The customer must carefully read the “terms and conditions” each time he accesses the website.
Products and prices
3. The company Livraria Solmar Comercio de Livros e Objects de Arte, Lda offers, through its online store, a wide range of products for sale.
4. The offer for each of the products is limited to the existing stock.
5. The company reserves the right, at any time and without prior notification, to replace or modify the available products, their prices and the conditions presented.
6. If the customer continues to access the website, it will be considered that he has accepted such changes.
7. All prices include VAT at the legal rate in force in the Autonomous Region of the Azores.
8. Prices are always shown in euros.
9. The images shown may not exactly match the product shown. For technical reasons, the colors shown may also differ slightly from the actual colors.
10. In very specific cases, the descriptions may have errors and, therefore, the manufacturer’s description should also be consulted.
11. The products “by order” take, on average, up to two weeks, but there are specific products or that due to stock outs that can take longer.
12. Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.
13. The company declines any responsibility for any errors published on the website.
14. The weight of each product does not correspond to the correct value, but to the approximate value.
15. Orders on the online store can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except in cases of failure due to force majeure.
16. While browsing the online store, you can add it to the shopping cart by clicking on the “buy” button.
17. When you finish the selection of products, you can select the option, at the top of the site, “x products” / “Cart”, to make and complete the purchase.
18. In the “portes” field, you can choose to survey our store in Ponta Delgada, located at Avenida Infante Dom Henrique, 71 – Store 7
18.1 We have delivery to mainland Portugal, Azores islands and Madeira islands.
18.2 With pick up at the Ponta Delgada store there is no shipping cost.
Orders will only be accepted if deliveries are made in mainland Portugal and in the Autonomous Regions of Madeira and the Azores.
Once you have entered your personal data, please also confirm your intention to place the order.
Once the confirmation is made, the order will be processed and cannot be cancelled, except for the right of withdrawal under the terms of points 31 to 35.
Your order will not be accepted and the contract is not concluded until you receive, by email, confirmation of acceptance of the order and make payment for it.
Payment must be made at the time of order confirmation.
Accepted payment methods are: PayPal, ATM reference, MB Way or bank transfer;
The order will be delivered by courier (ctt, forwarding agent, ems or other service).
The shipping period will, in principle, be up to 48 hours on working days, from the date of receipt and confirmation of payment for the order by the company, except for stock shortages, in which an alternative shipping period will be proposed.
If there is no one at the indicated address, the order will remain at the ctt station or freight forwarder in the above mentioned address area, for 3 working days, after which it will be returned to the company. After this period, the items will be returned to the Solmar Livraria Comercio de Livros e Objects de Arte Ltd and later a new delivery will be scheduled, this being paid for by the customer.
Termination of contract and returns
The customer has the right to cancel the purchase if he does not receive his product within a maximum period of 30 days and shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
The customer has, under the law, the right to terminate the contract, which must be exercised by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, sent within a maximum period of 14 days from the date of receipt of the order, to the following address: Avenida Infante Dom Henrique, 71 – Store 7, São Pedro, Ponta Delgada
In other words:
The period of reflection due to customers who make purchases at a distance, during which they can return the goods purchased, is now 14 days for the entire European Union (law).
Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
In case of contractual termination, the customer has a maximum period of 30 days, counting from the date of receipt of the order, to return the product(s) purchased with the company at the address indicated above to the company. s) respective packaging(s) in excellent condition, together with a copy of the sales invoice and the document confirming receipt of the order.
After receiving the returned order and all the documents referred to in the previous point, the company will refund, preferably by the same payment method if possible, within a maximum period of 14 days, the amounts paid by the customer, without any expenses for the customer, except for postage costs if applicable, except as provided in the following point.
Conditions of the right of free withdrawal for products:
1 – Books in original condition;
The consumer loses the right of free withdrawal if the above conditions are not confirmed.
The European Union has created a website to support consumers in submitting their complaints about any litigation in which they are involved. In this context, Livraria Solmar Comercio de Livros e Objects de Arte, Lda provides all the information so that you can exercise your right to complain to an official, third and impartial entity to the process. Thus, if you are dissatisfied with the purchase of a good or service on our website, or with the solution we have presented to resolve the situation, you can access this official website https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr and expose your challenge.
All electronic messages sent while accessing the online store, including emails and messages via an internet browser, will be considered, for the purposes of applicable law, as contractual declarations.
The alternative dispute resolution is the possibility that all consumers have at their disposal to resort to official entities that help them in the resolution, or guidance of any conflict, before opening litigious processes in the courts. As a general rule, the procedure is as follows: the customer asks an impartial third party to act as an intermediary between him and the merchant, who is the target of his complaint. The intermediary can suggest a solution to your complaint, impose a solution on both parties, or bring the parties together to find a solution.
Perhaps you know the concept of alternative dispute resolution by another name: ‘mediation’, ‘conciliation’, ‘arbitration’ or ‘competent committee in the context of consumer disputes’.
Alternative dispute resolution is generally less expensive, less formal and faster than the legal route.
Suggestions from alternative dispute resolution entities:
Cniacc – National Center for Information and Arbitration of Consumer Disputes
Lisbon Consumer Conflict Arbitration Center
Vale do Ave Consumer Conflict Arbitration Center/Arbitration Court
Ciab – Consumer Information, Mediation and Arbitration Center (Consumption Arbitration Court)
Cicap – Consumer Arbitration Court
34. All electronic messages sent while accessing the online store, including emails and messages via an internet browser, will be considered, for the purposes of applicable law, as contractual declarations.
35. Livraria Solmar Comercio de Livros e Objects de Arte, Lda may send the customer information about new products, promotions or others of interest to the customers of the online store, if the customer has subscribed to the newsletter.
36. For any comments or queries, please contact our customer support line at 296629720 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org